How to ensure your Sophie Hulme pieces age beautifully.
The studio recommends following this advice to ensure your pieces age beautifully:
– Store your style in its dust bag to avoid dust collecting on the surface of the leather, or changes in colour due to sunlight or other environmental conditions.
– Bear in mind that light coloured pieces are more susceptible to marking. Avoid contact with darker items as there is a risk of discolouration.
– Do not overfill handbags - the leather can misshape, and it places extra strain on handles.
– Take extra care when carrying embellished pieces - they are especially delicate; scuffing may damage or dislodge elements.
– Saddle and calfskin have natural leather surfaces which may gather scratches - Sophie Hulme encourages carriers to celebrate natural leather marks as life lines which add personality to the styles.
– Materials are treated naturally and therefore not water-resistant; if the leather gets wet, leave it to dry naturally – never use artificial heat. Fill bags (with paper or similar) to help keep their shape while drying.